Outmere and The Environment
At Outmere, we are passionate about our commitment and dedication to improving the future of the environment. We are passionate about our commitment and dedication to improving our operations for the future of the environment. We recognise that some of our activities impact on the environment and we aim to conduct our business and operations to reflect best environmental practice. In line with this commitment we have implemented an environmental management system appropriate to the location, scale and nature of our activities.
Specifically we will implement and maintain the following policies:
- Minimising waste by reducing consumption and employing effective waste management and recycling procedures
- Using overnight couriers to eliminate unnecessary same day transportation thus reducing emissions
- Ensuring legal compliance with all environmental legislation related to our company
- Reducing the use of and recycling of hazardous chemicals and emissions
- Training and educating our staff to act in an environmentally responsible manner
- Recycling all waste paper, cardboard and plastic
- Continually reviewing resource consumption and waste production in order to reduce its impact
- Reducing energy use through better management and monitoring
- Reviewing our environmental policy regularly and seeking continuous improvement in our environmental performance.
- Encouraging our suppliers, including printers, to pursue environmentally friendly policies and best practice
- In accordance with their agreement, recycling all leftover materials from customer mailings upon completion of their job
- Setting, reviewing and evaluating objectives and targets to continually improve our environmental management
All staff are kept fully informed of our environmental objectives and commitments and are encouraged to contribute ideas to ensure continued improvement of our environmental performance.
This policy is fully endorsed by Outmere Direct Mail’s management and is communicated to all employees. It is also available publicly on our website.
This policy and our environmental objectives are reviewed at least annually and will be updated where necessary.
Outmere and community initiatives
We believe that it is important for businesses to play a role in their local community.
Outmere regularly gives work placement opportunities to students from local schools so they can learn about the direct mailing industry and experience work life.
We are also delighted to be an active sponsor of local sports teams. We are currently sponsors of the Teddington Rugby Club Juniors and AFC Wimbledon.